Morgan Stanley is more than a leading financial services firm. With offices spanning 43 countries and talented, passionate people bringing excellence and integrity to everything we do, the firm is truly global. Throughout the firm’s history, diverse and talented individuals have worked together to develop our new ideas and ground-breaking financial products for the benefit of clients.
Using the Firm’s proprietary technology platform, Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides a full range of fund administration services including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle- and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. MSFS is supported by more than 1400 professionals based in New York, London, Dublin, Mumbai, Bangalore, Glasgow and Hong Kong.
We currently have opportunities for school leavers to undertake a five-year Graduate Apprenticeship in MAcc Master of Accountancy delivered in partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University, beginning in September 2023. This course will enable successful candidates to exit with both an MAcc in Accountancy and Chartered Accountant status with ACCA.
Whilst working at Morgan Stanley, we will support you to achieve your degree. You will benefit from theory-based learning as well as the opportunity to develop practical accounting and financial skills whilst developing your grasp of business. It is designed to give students expertise that they can use in the real world, an opportunity to learn the theory of accounting while putting it into practice too.
- A passion for Accountancy and an interest in the Financial Markets
- Preparation of files and reports for month-end and daily processes
- Data gathering/mining and data analysis
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements for Hedge Funds
- A basic understanding of the types of work undertaken within Fund Administration
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good attention to detail
- SQA Highers: BBBBC including English, (or another essay-based subject, e.g. History or Modern Studies) and Maths or Accountancy
Please note that the Apprenticeship programme is open to students in their 5th or 6th year of High