Do you want to continue learning but want a more hands on approach, want to earn while you learn and become a specialist in your field? Then keep reading because we have the opportunity for you.
We are looking for individuals to undertake a 5 year apprenticeship (starting September 2023) to gain a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Embedded Electronics with a Radio Frequency Bias. You will receive full support and mentoring from a dedicated team who will ensure you have the opportunity to work on projects and in areas that you did not know existed.
Counter Terrorism and Security (CT&S) Electronic Warfare and Communications (EW&C) group are recruiting apprentices who want to be trained and educated to ultimately become the future experts in one or more of the following areas: Hardware Engineers, Systems Engineers and Radio Frequency (RF) Engineers.
What are the benefits of doing an apprenticeship at Dstl?
• You will be able to work on projects you simply can't do anywhere else.
• You will be getting 5 years of actual work experience, where you have a say in what you do; there is no one size fits all, you lead your career and we help you get there.
• You will get a fully funded BEng Degree (worth £50K+).
• You will have a dedicated team of managers and mentors that are there to ensure you get the best possible support you need to progress your career.
• You will have all your accommodation, travel and food bills paid whilst attending university (you will attend university on block release approximately 5 times a year [TBC]).
• You will get as much support as you need; be that with the work you do, your studies or settling into Dstl.
• You will have the ability to pursue additional training courses.
• You get to work flexibly (when project allows) to suit your needs.
• Dstl is ranked number 1 in The Job Crowds top employees for apprenticeship in the science and R&D Industry.
Here are some experiences of some of Dstl current apprentices.
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution.