MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
Salary: £18,000 plus a £3,000 joining bonus
What we can offer you:
• Fully funded qualification starting September 2024
• Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
• Fully supported learning and development programme
• Flexible working
• 25 days annual leave (plus up to 15 days flexi leave) and additional study leave for exams
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, but this will depend on project requirements and the need for access to specific site facilities.
Our vision in Finance is to operate as one coordinated team, which strives to deliver a consistent application of standard methodology, financial controls and processes. We look to challenge all areas of the business, improve shareholder value, protect the assets of MBDA and ensure we align with all national and shareholder requirements.
Our Finance Apprentices will be given an insight into the various roles within Finance, to develop a well-rounded experience of the service the function provides to the wider business, and a strong foundation of the skills and behaviours that a business partner should be able to bring to the business in the future.
As part of the Apprenticeship, you will initially study for a Level 3 Assistant Accountant qualification (18 months). Following this you'll move on to complete a Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting with AAT (Association for Accounting Technicians), as part of a Professional Accounting Technician Level 4 Apprenticeship (a further 18 months). The final 12 months of the scheme you will be working full time to gain practical experience and put your newly acquired knowledge into practice.
Whilst completing your level 3 and 4 qualifications, you’ll compliment your study by completing placements within at least two Finance functions.
There is then potential to access further professional qualifications within Finance depending upon your performance over the course of the apprenticeship.
Your studies will be delivered by BPP, who offer the flexibility of either face to face learning in the classroom, or virtual lessons through live or recorded sessions (the level of flexibility is dependent on BPP locations.)
Find more details about the courses here:
Potential placements could be available in the following areas:
• Accounting and Planning – preparation of company level financial plans and reports for senior management and other stakeholders
• Programmes Finance – working as a business partner within multi-functional teams, focused on contract delivery and execution
• Cost Control – control of functional budgets, including Information Management and Facilities, and recovery of the cost base through hourly rates
• Treasury – cash management and foreign currency hedging
• Bids and Contract Evaluation – support the creation of robust, profitable financial proposals to customers for our products and services
What we’re looking for from you:
This role has specific qualification and subject criteria so please make sure you carefully check your eligibility against this criteria before applying. We will not be able to consider applications from anyone that does not meet the following requirements:
• 5 x GCSES including Maths & English Language at Grade 9 – 4
• A keen interest in having a career in finance
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.