From here, choose a whole world of experience
Are you looking to kickstart your career at a business where you can really make an impact? Whether we’re delivering power to millions, trading in new areas across the globe or leading the rapid growth of offshore wind, our world-class IT puts us at the forefront of the energy industry.
Choose our RWEST UK Apprenticeship Programme and you can be part of it. You’ll spend 30 months working towards a Level 3 Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship Standard, collaborating with some of the brightest people in the field.
Choose a contribution that matters
The RWE Supply and Trading Workplace Technology department is responsible for the provision and support of central workplace technical services for our whole RWE business. This opportunity within the RWE Workplace Technology team will allow you to gain first-hand experience in providing enterprise solutions for RWE colleagues.
You will join our established Workplace Technology team to support the demanding needs of the global RWE business. Your role will make a significant impact to the success of the business by contributing to the administration, configuration, and optimization of Microsoft 365 services and Entra ID. The role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the seamless and secure integration of cloud-based solutions.
Along the way, you will develop your knowledge and expertise in Microsoft OS and Office, Intune for MDM and MAM for iOS devices, Intune for desktop for Windows, VDI environment, M365, Certificate Management, Messaging, Directory Services and Entra ID.
You will have the opportunity to develop your interpersonal skills alongside your IT knowledge, whilst managing and prioritising your work load. RWE is an exciting and fast paced environment.
During your time on the apprenticeship, you’ll grow to have several responsibilities.
These can include:
- Join our team and learn how to ensure efficient, secure, and compliant operation of Microsoft 365 and Entra ID within RWE.
- Support Microsoft 365 Administration
- Configure and maintain M365 services.
- Management of Entra ID and related Azure based services.
- Design and implement identity and access management solutions for accessing Azure cloud services
- Implement and enforce security policies within Microsoft 365 and Azure AD
- Support Virtual machine AVD/ VDI activities
- Involvement with Entra ID Subscriptions
- Take on tasks in cloud transition Projects
- Project support and Documentation
- End Point Management team
- Intune for iOS and Windows Devices
- Entra ID team
Choose an opportunity to shine
Are you passionate about IT, digital technologies, and innovative solutions? Can you see yourself building a career in the energy industry? Do you want the freedom to learn and grow, and have ownership and accountability for real-life decisions? We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid of a challenge. Not only will you be working towards an apprenticeship qualification, but you’ll gain the skills and experience needed to build the start of a successful career.
To apply, you’ll need:
- Enthusiasm and drive to complete your apprenticeship programme and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve a professional qualification
- A passion and enthusiasm for IT
- The desire to work as part of a collaborative team, with a curious approach challenging yourself to find new solutions
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject , including maths and English
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Experience (if the learner can’t meet the qualification requirements):
Those working in the Tech Industry e.g. having 6 months plus of experience working in any IT position or 1 year plus work experience in any other profession or sector and able to demonstrate working towards Level 2 in Maths and English.
This role requires further study towards gaining professional qualifications, so we’re looking for you to have a proven track record in passing exams.
All entry requirements are subject to change but as accurate as possible at the time of advertising. Where details are not available from the provider currently, we refer you to the Standard.