Level 4 DevOps Engineer Apprenticeship
Choose a contribution that matters
During your time on the apprenticeship, you’ll grow to own several responsibilities. These can range from developing and defining architecture, implementing monitoring with alerts or automation on manual tasks, even being a role model for the DevOps culture of ‘you build it, you run it’.
Some further responsibilities include:
- Implement scripting and coding in a variety of languages, including C#, Java, and Python
- Follow Test Driven Development methods and the agile testing principles of the test pyramid
- Follow continuous integration techniques and use source control
- Implement release automation using Application Programming Interfaces (API), ensuring teams can deploy new code quickly and safely
- Understand and establish cloud infrastructure using APIs, infrastructure-as-code, and other leading technologies
- Apply security practices throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDL).
Choose an opportunity to shine
Are you passionate about IT, digital technologies, and innovative solutions? Can you see yourself building a career in the energy industry? Do you want the freedom to learn and grow, and have ownership and accountability for real-life decisions? We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid of a challenge. Not only will you be working towards an apprenticeship qualification, but you’ll gain the skills and experience needed to build the start of a successful career.
To apply, you’ll need:
- Enthusiasm and drive to complete your apprenticeship programme and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve a professional qualification
- A passion and enthusiasm for IT
- The desire to work as part of a collaborative team, with a curious approach challenging yourself to find new solutions.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject , including maths and English
- A Level in STEM subject, or
- BTEC Diploma in STEM subject, or
- Level 3 IT apprenticeship
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject