"Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
• Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
• The opportunity to get involved with our continued support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
• Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
The starting salary for this role is between £15,000-£20,500 dependent on experience.
This Apprenticeship is designed to provide you with a wide experience in an exciting environment that is constantly evolving and is an incredible platform to build a career within BMW Group UK.
Based in the Finance department, you will help support with the financial planning, accounting, controlling and reporting of the fixed costs and headcount for BMW UK and Ireland.
The core responsibilities of the team you will be based in are:
· Providing financial process support to the Manager, Overheads Controlling, to assist with the management of fixed costs and headcount for BMW.
· Supporting with performance management initiatives (incl. SAP Analytics Cloud or cost saving improvements).
· Supporting other teams of the Finance department to identify and drive process efficiencies
What will you be doing?
Throughout your apprenticeship, there will be opportunities to build your network across the company, put your skills which are being continually developed into practical use, work on projects alongside other members of the business, and carry out tasks independently.
Specifically you will:
· Support process of timely and accurate preparation and delivery of financial planning for overhead expenses and headcount for BMW UK and Ireland
· Support with headcount data entry and analysis for BMW UK Group
· Participate in the Finance month and year end processes to ensure timely and accurate recording of entries in financial and management accounting systems
· Perform regular reviews of cost centre master data and requistioner access in the SAP Finance system to ensure that information is correct and up to date
· Support with Finance projects: this can include identifying potential projects (within team or across wider Finance function), providing expertise to on-going projects, and taking ownership of projects from end-to-end. In particular, focusing on the areas of process improvement and simplification
· Ensure policy adherence, tracking of costs and reporting for corporate memberships and donations in BMW UK Group
· Support evaluation of business cases to enable decisions to be made based on high quality information and analysis
· Support the provision of information as required to internal and external auditors to ensure the accuracy of financial statements
· Prepare reports and presentations for Management, including month end reporting packs
· Additional ad-hoc requirements as directed by the Finance Management Team
In order to apply, simply create a GetMyFirstJob account and then complete the short eligibility questions. Make sure your GetMyFirstJob profile includes details of both your achieved and any predicted qualifications. If you meet the eligibility requirements, the GetMyFirstJob team will invite you through to the next stage of the process.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stage of the process is a Strengths Video Interview. You can complete this at any time of day during your three-day invitation window and will be recorded answering a set of questions. There is a practice question at the start and you get multiple chances to record each question, plus the GetMyFirstJob team are on hand to support you and give you lots of top tips and advice! Following this, successful applicants will be shortlisted and invited to a face-to-face Assessment Centre with BMW Group.’
Assessment Centres for this role are provisioned to take place in the week commencing the 17th of April.