To be eligible for the programme you must be able to commit to 15 months to the apprenticeship, 35 hours per week, with the right to work in England. There are no formal entry criteria (GCSEs or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and Maths alongside the apprenticeship, if required.
Our apprentices are our future, so we invest in you from the moment you join.
● Have you recently finished secondary school or college and want an alternative to further or higher education?
● Do you want to earn well and progress your career in hospitality?
● Do you want to complete an apprenticeship programme and ongoing learning to develop your skills and knowledge?
If the answer is ‘yes’ and you can demonstrate passion for good quality food and ‘doing the right thing’ in your community, then Pret could offer a great career opportunity for you, especially if you’re not afraid of hard work or early mornings.
What can you expect during your Pret Apprenticeship?
● A permanent full-time position (35 hours a week) in a Pret shop, not too far from your home.
● Full support of a Coach, General Manager, Academy Team and a nurturing and supportive environment for you to develop in.
● A certified Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship upon completion of the programme.
● A varied role where you will develop your customer service experience, teamwork, communication skills, food retail skills, as well as wider support to understand the workings of Pret.
● Access to a series of training courses that will develop you personally and professionally, while also connecting you to apprentices across a network of hundreds of Pret shops.
What are the perks?
● We pay between £10.00 and £11.25 per hour (depending on your location)
● A weekly bonus of £1.25 per hour based on mystery shopper results (after initial 12 week training)
● Outstanding training and development (a Level 2 Apprenticeship designed specifically for the programme, as well as future progression opportunities within a permanent role)
● Weekly pay and paid breaks
● Free lunch when working (and a 50% discount when you’re not)
● Support with travel expenses on public transport (after initial 12-week training)
● 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
● NUS card with student discount rates
● Earn an extra £5 when you start to work between 3am and 5am ** (18years and over).
● Earn up to £200 cash when you successfully refer a friend **
● Regular team events and parties
● Earn up to a further £100 cash rewards for wowing our customers
And most importantly, you’ll be joining the Pret family where we have fun and look after each other, with plenty of ‘Joy of Pret’ social events and activities on offer throughout the year.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, we would love to hear from you!
None! We’re just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
● Great Execution
● Team Working
● Retail Savvy
No Qualifications Required!
Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you could grow into the next:
Training to be delivered:
● Hospitality Team Member Level 2 – Barista
● Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2 (if required)
● Pret Training