Share this Job Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship
Choose a contribution that matters
You will join a dynamic international environment with the team located in both Germany and the UK. The role will see you gain real, practical experience from an early stage, where you will take responsibility for a workstream within a larger programme or a small project of your own. These will be IT related projects and will mainly be application delivery focussed but could also have an element of IT infrastructure.
The role will see you gain responsibility from day one in a number of key areas including:
- Appling an agile iterative project management approach while working with DevOps cross-functional teams
- Managing the creation of project business cases to ensure projects are appropriately planned, requirements gathered & prioritised, and benefits identified
- Developing project time and cost estimates for presentation in overall project business cases
- Developing project budget ready for approval submission to a project sponsor
- Understand and create appropriate project documentation in-line with the project life cycle
- Management of the approved project budget
- Managing project month-end governance and reporting activities, ensuring accurate forecasts and accruals
- Ensuring risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions are documented in a RAID log, and proactively managed during the project lifecycle
- Conduct and participate in project meetings and ensure actions, risks and issues are documented and circulated to attendees shortly after the meeting has taken place
- Creating and maintaining a communication plan to manage stakeholders.
Choose an opportunity to shine
Are you passionate about project management? Can you see yourself building a career in the energy industry? Do you want the freedom to learn and grow, and have ownership and accountability for real-life decisions? We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid of a challenge. Not only will you be working towards an apprenticeship qualification, but you’ll gain the skills and experience needed to build the start of a successful career.
To apply, you’ll need:
- Enthusiasm and drive to complete your apprenticeship programme and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve a professional qualification
- A passion and enthusiasm for Project Management
- The desire to work as part of a collaborative team, with a curious approach challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Time management skills to effectively and efficiently multi-task around changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflict situations
- Ability to lead a small project team and ensure delegation of appropriate tasks
- A rational and organised approach to work
- Good written and verbal communication skills to ensure effective dialogue with customers, suppliers and partners
- The ability to work well within a team and build a project team
- Good IT skills and experience with MS Office
- The ability to balance work, study and other life commitments (you will be provided with the appropriate support and study time to achieve this).