From here, choose a whole world of experience
Looking to gain experience at a leading European energy trading house with real growth potential? Want to work alongside industry experts, building experience and skills that will help you flourish in your early career? Then one of our year-long Industrial Placements could be just what you are looking for.
Join us at the UK headquarters of RWE Supply & Trading (RWEST) in Swindon where we currently have opportunities across a variety of areas:
Choose Back Office
Join this integral part of our business, which ensures the smooth execution and settlement of our energy portfolio including Renewable Energy, Gas, Freight, LNG, Biomass and Chrome ore. We manage trade confirmations and documentation, and handle all aspects of post trade activities such as trade reconciliations, regulatory reporting and compliance, collateral management and meter data management of our entire asset portfolio.
Choose Commercial Asset Optimisation
Gain insight into how we optimise positions and purchase of commodities (such as gas) to operate our power stations. Work on modelling and analysis projects to deliver real value to the business.
Choose Freight Operations
Discover how the shipping industry (dry bulk) operates and all the intricacies involved, in what is truly a global business. In the Operations team we are responsible from inception of the deal to end delivery of the freight, liaising with Traders and Ship Captains in all aspects of the voyage.
Choose New Business Partners Team
Be part of RWEST’s global growth activities in new markets with new products implementation for the Commercial Desks. This includes development, monitoring and active management of the Global Approved Product database and reports to the business.
Analyse the Profit & Loss, trading strategies and market risks of our trading desks, communicate relevant information to senior stakeholders, and provide independent advice to the Board.
The qualities you’ll bring
Passionate about the energy industry? Want to learn and grow alongside experienced industry experts? Looking to explore new markets with a commercial business that is growing on a global scale? Then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
We’re looking for students who are in the penultimate year of a highly analytical, numerical or business-focused subject (such as Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or Economics) and who are ideally on course to achieve a 2:1 or better. What you must have is:
• Excellent communication skills with fluent English
• IT proficiency
• A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
• Motivated to take on new challenges, whether operating independently or in a team
• Commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills
• Analytical mind and the ability to learn quickly
• Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
From here, you’ll have a community of support
At RWEST we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experiences you bring.
Our industrial placement programme has been designed to give you the chance to gain highly valuable work experience and skills – and potentially secure yourself a place on one of our graduate programmes. From day one, you’ll be making a real contribution to your team. To help you get the most out of your placement, we provide lots of support and development opportunities, including in-house courses and on-the-job training with everything you need to make the placement a success. A current placement student will be allocated as a Buddy to all new joiners, enhancing the on-boarding process and overlapping your start date to ensure seamless support as you begin your journey.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
• Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
• Company pension
• Discounted employee share scheme
• 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays; you can also buy up to an additional 5 days leave per year
• Two paid annual volunteer days to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
• An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
• Free on-site healthcare plus access to AXA Private Healthcare Scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health, or life matters
• Access to a modern office and trading floor with state-of-the-art IT
• Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies - join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme)
• Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops