From here, choose a whole world of experience
Are you looking to kickstart your career at a business where you can really make an impact? Whether we’re delivering power to millions, trading in new areas across the globe or leading the rapid growth of offshore wind, our world-class IT puts us at the forefront of the energy industry.
Choose our RWEST UK Apprenticeship Programme and you can be part of it. You’ll spend 30 months working towards a Level 4 Cyber Defender and Responder Apprenticeship Standard, collaborating with some of the brightest people in the field. You’ll be using new techniques and technologies as part of an established Security Operations Centre that supports the whole of the RWE Group.
Choose a contribution that matters
The RWE Cybersecurity department is responsible for cybersecurity operations for our whole RWE business. This opportunity within the Security Operations team will allow you to help provide a robust defence of the RWE Group from cyberattacks and shape how we respond.
You will join our established global team of cybersecurity experts to support the demanding needs of the RWE Group. Your role will make a significant impact to the success of the business by protecting our IT infrastructure through your work on RWE’s protective technology and in the Security Operations Centre. Along the way, you’ll develop your knowledge and expertise in multiple enterprise technologies such as Microsoft Defender eXtended Detection and Response suite and others.
You will have the opportunity to develop your interpersonal skills alongside your cybersecurity knowledge, working in multiple specialisms over your two years, whilst managing and prioritising your work load. Our RWE Cybersecurity is an exciting and fast paced international environment, so we’re looking for someone with the ability to work well under pressure and the ability to travel.
During your time on the apprenticeship, you’ll grow to have had responsibilities in multiple areas. These can include:
- Provide support for our protective technology suite using the Microsoft Defender technology stack
- Manage and detect vulnerabilities using various technologies
- Analyse potential security threats and suggest remediation
- Research and gather intelligence on potential threats to RWE
- Work with Forensic tooling to investigate Cybersecurity threats.
Choose an opportunity to shine
Are you passionate about cybersecurity, digital technologies, and innovative solutions? Can you see yourself building a career in the energy industry? Do you want the freedom to learn and grow, and have ownership and accountability for real-life decisions? We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid of a challenge. Not only will you be working towards an apprenticeship qualification, but you’ll gain the skills and experience needed to build the start of a successful career.
To apply, you’ll need:
- Enthusiasm and drive to complete your apprenticeship programme and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve a professional qualification
- A passion and enthusiasm for IT
- The desire to work as part of a collaborative team, with a curious approach challenging yourself to find new solutions
- The flexibility to travel abroad (Germany) on a regular basis with a team member
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject , including maths and English
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Experience (if the learner can’t meet the qualification requirements):
Those working in the Tech Industry e.g. having 12 months plus of experience working in a Technical Support role e.g., Help Desk. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate working towards Level 2 in Maths and English.
This role requires further study towards gaining professional qualifications, so we’re looking for you to have a proven track record in passing exams.
All entry requirements are subject to change but as accurate as possible at the time of advertising. Where details are not available from the provider currently, we refer you to the Standard.
To learn more about this apprenticeship please click here
From here, you’ll have a community of support
At RWE we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
- competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- company pension
- discounted employee share scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- an enhanced maternity scheme and family-friendly policies
- a wide range of employee networks, here for socialising, support, and personal development
- access to a modern office
- open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies
- state-of-the-art IT.